Saturday, March 29, 2008

Kikay

Kikay - I don't have a Filipino/Tagalog dictionary on hand but this word should roughly translate to girly girl or very feminine. We usually refer to our make-up and accessories kits as kikay kits.

I did not intend to create a layout tonight, I just wanted to share my latest kikay finds, and this is what happened:

(Click on the picture for Credits and a bigger view))

I bought 7 pairs of earrings in one afternoon, all at a bargain price. 3 pairs (the ones bundled together) came as a set so I had all three for the price of one pair! I so love wearing dangling earrings, it's pretty much the only jewelry I wear, aside from the very simple white-gold bracelet that my guy gave me as a Christmas present several years ago.

By the way, NO, five pairs is not too much. Hehe. Besides, I share all my earrings with my mom (and vice versa).

As for the bracelet, the young lady who makes them asked me what charms I wanted, as well as the color of the beads to go along with them. Two days later, there it was. I've asked for a custom-made bracelet be made for my mom too, can't wait to see how that turns out! Ok, so I ordered another one for me, fancy silver this time. Hehe.

I can actually make jewelry like these, I used to until I kinda lost interest. I'm thinking of encouraging a cousin to continue making them (she took it up after i did) and I'd market it for her - online. The materials are fairly cheap and she has quite a good eye for design so I am sure she can make prettier stuff than these ones. :)

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Ooh... that would be really cool! If you have to let us know if you end up marketing them online for your cousin. These are beautiful - I'd totally get some for me and my mom!

  2. The Library Lady said...

    They're beautiful!
    And thanks for the new Tagalog word.I'm going to have to ask my husband if he knows that one because it perfectly describes the younger of our two mestiza daughters!

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)