Tuesday, April 08, 2008

27 Dresses


Well isn't this just the cutest widget? I was looking for a trailer or a picture to post along with what I wanted to say about the movie 27 Dresses but I found this instead - Jane's organizer! Click on the tabs to see photos, watch the trailer, or to get the code.

I really enjoyed watching it and admiring how beautiful Katherine Heigl is. I first saw her (or at least that's as far back as I remember her from) in the TV series Roswell. She is most known now for Grey's Anatomy, probably.

27 Dresses isn't your typical 'always the bridesmaid never the bride' story. It isn't even about how magical weddings are though it does touch on how there are different perceptions of a wedding or of marriage. It is about a young woman who takes joy in taking care of the needs of others.

She's got talent, that Jane. She could be rich as a Wedding Planner. I, on the other hand, would probably NOT be able to organize my own wedding when my time comes. I couldn't even organize a simple dinner and videoke night for my colleagues at work!

Back to the movie... It was, to me, about waking up from a dream. Seeing the truth about an ideal that held all of one's hopes and dreams. It's also about taking care of yourself above all else, without necessarily being selfish. I am all for being a person for others, because everyone needs that too, but in truth, you can fully give of yourself until you have loved and cared for yourself enough.

Okay, so maybe the movie really is about movies, but that's how I am when seeing movies. I think about other things that scenes or lines remind me of. I guess that's why I don't do good with reviews. Hehe :)

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    lol - I'm putting this on my list of movies to watch!

    And it IS the cutest widget!

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)