Monday, April 28, 2008

Chika, Chismis, Kwento. GOSSIP!

I have spent the last 5 or 6 hours cruising through two blogs: Brian Gorrell's and Chikatime.
Yup, I've been reading posts between the two blogs and have been introduced to juicy gossip and intrigues involving Manila's 'high society.'

Personally, I do think that anyone born into privilege should take the initiative to do good for those who are less fortunate than them. Simply because they have the means, and at times, the clout. So, anytime I see, read or hear about brats who throw money away or who have no care at all about the world around them, I get mad.

I remember back in college, I heard these rich kids talk about not getting 1.0 and the condo unit the dad would give her after graduation. Or was it a car? Okay, I don't remember anything else about how that conversation went about but I do remember thinking how trivial their concerns were. There were so many other things happening around them.

At some point though, I realized that I shouldn't trivialize what they consider their problems. Sure, there are more people out there confronting graver issues in their lives, but if they think a 1.25 grade is a big deal, then they are entitled to that too. Each person has his/her own shit to worry about right?

Still when you read about society's It girls and boys (and gays) indulging in so many excesses and how they have never known a day of real hard work, it still irks something in you. Something in me wants to bash their heads on a wall just to get them to look at things at a different perspective: they could use their status and influence for something more - much more.

But if they really are wasting their lives in drugs - then they must really have big issues. They need help. I wish they get that real soon.

1 comments :

  1. Vicki said...

    Hi sweet, just to let you know, I have tagged you on my blog if you want to play along xx

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)