Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fused Plastic Bags

Okay, I will admit it. I just had to turn the computer on before I went to work this (or yesterday) afternoon, and do a little more browsing. While going through the beautiful handmade products over at Etsy, I got several ideas and set out to learn what I could about them.

I saw a store that sold bags made from recycled plastic bags so I wanted to find out how those were done. I also remembered a comment on a blog post I read about a quilt made from coffee cup sleeves (amazing work). It was about fusing plastic and using that to water-proof the quilt so it can actually be usable. That led me to searching the net for fusing plastic bags.

It appears to be a very simple process. I can do it. I want to do it. But I have no idea what to make. You know, I wouldn't know what to use the fused plastic fabric for. The different sites showcase various uses for it, but not one thing that I would really want to make for myself or others that I know would be used everyday. Know what I mean? Ahh, me and my ideas. I really should have a partner in crime who is far more creative or artsy than I am. :)

If you're interested, head on to Etsy Labs for the simple tutorial, and you can check out this short video too.

4 comments :

  1. homebuddy said...

    very environmental! I visited the Etsy Labs and got excited to try the plastic fusion thing :)

    Just want to say that I love your blog design :)

  2. Anonymous said...

    very environmental! I visited the Etsy Labs and got excited to try the plastic fusion thing :)

    Just want to say that I love your blog design :)

  3. Anonymous said...

    You are SO creative - I know you'll think of something!!

  4. homebuddy said...

    hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. The GAP is the Google Adwords Professional certification. It's just a way of being more "marketable" if you wish to apply for Internet marketing jobs. SEO Companies use this certification to win clients.

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)