Saturday, January 03, 2009

Project 365 - Day 1

I have decided to jump in and do my own Project 365: A Photo for Each Day. Who knows, this might even spark 365 layouts for this year. Or not. :)


Here's my first photo, taken January 1st:


Those are hoops that are part of a set, the missing part is the pole. It's a toy that teaches kids to aim accurately. These hoops gave us hours of fun during our Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations. We made a contest out of how many hoops we can successfully land on the pole. I think that the most one person got that night was five out of eight. Everyone enjoyed playing - the kids did well, and the adults had fun too!

Because I was game master at Christmas, I didn't really get to try this out. Come New Year's Day, I seized the chance to try my hand at it. I didn't do to well, haha! Just one out of eight!

That's what really makes our Christmases and New Years fun, just hanging out with each other and playing all sorts of games for the kids. I don't remember when this started; we used to just eat, open gifts, and do our own thing. But this new tradition is way more fun of course. 

I heard that they played a new game on New Year's Eve. It was something that 8 year-old Adam came up with, using something that he got for Christmas. I don't know what it was, I'll ask around and find pictures.

0 comments :

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)