Friday, April 04, 2008

Summers are not good for daytime sleeping

I have been awake for more than 24 hours. Ok, there may have been an hour's sleep somewhere there, and a few minutes here and there since I came home, but I am just not rested and my body just refuses to stay put and go to sleep. Must be because it is so darn hot!

One thing I've been thankful for the past month is having been in the day shift at work - I don't have to endure this afternoon heat and toss and turn and sweat instead of getting my much needed sleep. But thanks to events outside of our control, I will have to go back to the night shift next week.

I don't know how long that's going to be, but I sure hope it's only for the week.

Is there anything good about moving to the new schedule (or rather back to my old one)? Well, I'd have a four-day weekend starting today until tuesday morning :) That's the silver lining - the only one I see. For now.

So anyway, I clocked in about 14 hours at work last night. Had to get things done. I only felt giddy on the last hour (bordering on exhaustion) and surprisingly, that was the only time I was also really sleepy.

0 comments :

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)