Sunday, January 11, 2009

Recovering lost posts

I've decided to give up on Philhosting. I will keep the cheap hosting package indefinitely. I probably won't be setting up verabear.net yet on my new Dreamhost account, I'll need time to think things through properly.


What's getting to me is that I still haven't recovered all the posts I've written from December 7th to around the 28th. I got some from Google's cache, but not everything's showing there anymore. There are blurbs at Technorati, but that only shows the partial posts. Checking my feeds came to me only a few hours ago, and by then it was too late! The feeds have also updated to what's currently available on the server. The lost posts are gone from Feedburner too. Sadly, I don't think that I actually have subscribers whom I can ask to check if they received my posts in their mails. :( I really should have thought about backing up through the feeds as soon as the problem started.

I guess I've learned an important lesson in everything that's happened here. A lesson that I thought I already learned when I lost my first blog a long time ago, that is to have a backup for my posts. I wonder if Windows Live Writer has that functionality, you know, for each post you publish through it?

Anyway, if anyone has any idea what I else I can do to recover the posts I lost, please let me know. I would be very greatful.

I've actually got ideas for several posts, and I've also got photos to put up for Project 365. But this issue with Philhosting has got me so out of the loop that I can't even just move along right away, you know? Argh.

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Sorry this has been such a pain for you. I've stayed with Wordpress.com and Blogger just because I worry about problems. The free ones limit what you can do but I haven't had any problems with them either.

  2. Anonymous said...

    I am still having problems getting on your other blog. I have something for you so stop by my blog when you get a chance. :-}

  3. Anonymous said...

    , diora baird naked, 17243, pauley perrette nude, 425, teri hatcher nude, 223256, natasha henstridge nude, 8DDD,

  4. Anonymous said...

    comment3, roxanne pallett nude, :OOO, amy smart sex scene, 52091, perrey reeves nude, xmvzfx, torrie wilson naked, 608,

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)