Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Credit Card Deals


I received this brochure in the mail today - showing me the discounts available for hotels across the country if I use my credit card this summer.  These promos are awesome and total buck busters, but one has got to be careful too.  Having discounts doesn't mean you should use your card incessantly, you still have to consider how much you'll be able to pay on your next due date.

Personally, I think I signed up with a good credit card company but I know many out there who are starting to think that signing up for their cards was a bad deal.  These are people who rushed the signup, not really pausing to think the pros and cons of having a credit card, or not comparing the different rates and perks offered by different companies.

In my previous job, we would sometimes pay bills or buy supplies using my boss' personal credit card.  At the time, we didn't even know that we could have signed up for a business credit card. Seriously, apparently you could get cash backs or deals for using one.  You just have to find the right card that offers such.

Often enough, you will see promotions everywhere about discounts and freebies for credit card users; since the cost of gasoline started to go high, we've seen credit card companies tying up with gas companies to offer rebate options/cash back promos.  One time, while my brother was driving me around, I had asked him if his card was eligible for such offers. Apparently, he has to have his current card converted to a gasoline card so he could benefit from the rebates.  I think he should go ahead and do it, everytime he'd gas up, he can drop his cash on a jar in his car and when it's time to pay his card bill, he can get money from the cash jar to pay it off.  That way, it's still like paying cash for the gasoline while enjoying the rebates that the credit card offers.

Well that's just an idea.

The point is, you not only have to be a responsible credit card owner, but the responsibility starts when you choose the right one for you. 

2 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    We would sometimes pay bills or buy supplies using my boss' personal credit card. At the time, we didn't even know that we could have signed up for a business credit card. Seriously, apparently you could get cash backs or deals for using one. You just have to find the right card that offers such.First Credit Card

  2. Anonymous said...

    I have been really impressed by going through this awesome blog. repair credit

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)