Saturday, March 08, 2008

Bacolod Chicken Parilla

Note: I just changed the IM control tonight because Tracy tried it out earlier and mentioned that the screen was too small to read actual conversations. When you click on the current button (as long as it shows my username, it means I'm online), a conversation window will pop-up and we can continue to chat even after you navigate away from my blog, as long as you don't close the pop-up.

After work on Monday night, boyfriend and I decided to have dinner at this new place along Scout Reyes called Bacolod Chicken Parilla (or something similar). It opened just a few months ago. I pass by it every night to work and I've found it intriguing that there's always a lot of people there, even at 11pm. It was time we checked it out ourselves.

As you approach the restaurant, there's a sense of familiarity - everyone seems to know each other. It feels like a hangout, really. Plus you're greeted by the guy that I perceived was the owner, though I'm not sure about that.

The grill is outside but even you take a table there you won't necessarily smell like barbecue. Since the location of Parilla is somewhat like an exclusive village with public roads, there are trees around and you won't smell car fumes, so it's really okay to stay outside. Alfred and I chose to dine indoors though.

Aside from the usual chicken inasal, which was great by the way, we ordered Salmon Head Sinigang, a soup dish. Heaven! We loved it! One order is just enough for two, though honestly I could have eaten it all since I didn't have rice. :) It was so good I couldn't wait to tell my dad and the rest of the family (who know how to appreciate good food) right away. I've posted before about how much Alfred and I love to eat and we'd really go back to spots we've had good experiences in, or new places that had raving reviews by friends. Parilla folks will definitely see us again, and again, and again. :)

It doesn't hurt that it's just a few minutes walk home too. So after the filling dinner that didn't cost us a fortune, we were able to walk off some of it on our way home!

0 comments :

 

ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ss_blog_claim=9abd967768705f22f1b3f6d8aa283a1c ~*~Made by Vera~*~ using papers and trim from Michelle Bennett's Safari kit and Trimmed (visit mbennett)